Economy of Sevastopol
The economy of the region consists of the following indicators:
- free economic zone
- consumer market, retail trade, restaurant economy;
- foreign economic activities;
- banking system;
- other social indicators.
- The industrial production grew by 8,8% as compared to the similar period of 2019 (effective as of January- March 2020).
- According to the results of the first quarter of 2020 the producers of import-substituting products released 97 pieces of products for the total amount of 60,7 mln rubles.
- According to the current data over January-December 2019, the volume of investments into the production, including upgrading, made 729,7 mln rubles.
- In the processing industry the production increased by 19,6% as compared to the respective period of 2019.
- As of 01.04.2020 the number of enterprises on mineral extraction and processing productions (without production of food products, tobacco and beverages) made 549 pieces.
- The production of agricultural products in comparable prices increased by 0,7% as compared to the similar period of 2019 (effective as of January- March 2020). The production volume made 307,3 mln rubles.
- 146 peasant (farmsteads) agricultures and 11 agricultural consumer cooperatives are mobilized in the agro-industrial complex of the city of Sevastopol.
- 815 residential buildings, residential premise in non-residential buildings and residential houses with a total area of 122,4 thousand sq.m., with 56.4 thousand sq.m. due regard to residential houses built on the land plots meant for gardening by citizens, were commissioned. Disregarding 66,0 thousand sq.m. that is 9,6% higher than in the respective period of 2019 (effective as of January-March 2019).
- The community built and commissioned 807 houses with a total area of 100,7 thousand sq.m. 50 residential buildings with an area of 7,6 thousand sq.m. were commissioned in the countryside.
Transport and communications
- The passenger traffic increased by 2,1 times, thus comprising 195 346,2 thousand passengers-kilometers (effective as of January-March 2020).
- The automobile transport of large and medium-sized organizations carried 101,4 thousand tons of cargoes (that is 25,6% higher than in January-March 2019) and performed 4 295,8 thousand tons-kilometers of cargo traffic (that is 1,6 times higher).
- The intra-urban passenger traffic goes across 100 automobile, 17 trolleybus and 5 maritime (4 motorboat and 1 ferry) routes.
- The following services operate on the territory of the city of Sevastopol:
- 121 stations for control for photo-video fixation of administrative traffic rules’ violations;
- paid parking lots on the territory of Balaklava (78 car places) and within the central ring, Leninsky district (967 car places).
- Postal services. Written correspondence, parcels and transfers sent and forwarded – 827,9 thousand pieces (that is 7,6% higher than in the comparable period of 2019); written correspondence, parcels, money transfers, periodicals received and handed in – 1 479,0 thousand pieces (that is 8,6% lower); 151,8 thousand pay-offs of public pensions and financial aid (that is 1,9% lower).
- Telecommunications. 92 telephone exchanges (stations and substations) of which 8 – in the rural area – operate in the city of Sevastopol. The length of the cable-conduit line makes 887.4 km. The functioning of fixed-line communications and provision of public telecommunications services is ensured through operation of more than 7.6 thousand km of cable communication lines.
- Mobile radio communications. 24614 subscribers (growth by 15,9% as compared to 01.04.2019) are provided with services of the city mobile operator under the trademark “SevMobile”. In addition, 7047 subscriber devices (growth by 1,7%) are registered in the network on a constant basis. 181 base stations (growth by 0.6%) and SMS-center operate.
- Public services. An opportunity of receiving 179 electronic public services, including 14 services with the use of IEIS (Interdepartmental electronic interaction system), has been actualized. Over the period of January-March 2020, 50,3 thousand applications, that is 44,5% less than in the comparable period of 2019, were accepted.
- 43 023 mln rubles of investments into fixed assets in actually valid prices on the full range of economic entities were mobilized in January-December 2019. That is 8.6% less than 2018.
- The basic financing source for investments were borrowed funds – 90.5%, own funds of economic entities made 9.5%.
Implementation of the Federal Target Program (FTP)
- In 2020 the Federal Target Program “Socio-economic development of the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol until the year 2022” across the territory of the city of Sevastopol is being implemented on 10 directions of socio-economic development of the region: energy sector, public utility, transportation sector, healthcare system, education, culture, sports, industrial sector, tourism, security, veterinary medicine and others.
- Within the framework of 10 Agreements on the provision of subsidies from the federal budget for the implementation of 161 measures (facilities) in 2020 and the planned period of 2021 and 2022, 67.6 billion rubles are provided, including: at the expense of the federal budget 64.2 billion rubles ., at the expense of the budget of the subject 3.4 billion rubles.
- In 2020, 19.6 billion rubles were allocated for the implementation of 129 measures (124 capital construction projects, 5 measures in the “other needs” direction), including: at the expense of the federal budget - 18.7 billion rubles, at the expense of budget funds of the subject - 1.0 billion rubles.
Free economic zone (FEZ)
- As of 01.04.2020, 430 contracts on the terms & conditions of activities in FEZ were concluded. Of which 378 are small and medium-sized business entities and 30 are not small and medium-sized business entities.
- Over the entire period of operation of FEZ, as of 01.01.2020 the actual volume of capital investments of FEZ participants made 7745 mln rubles, thus exceeding the planned volume by 1.7 times. 10915 workplaces were created.
Consumer market and prices
- The retail trade turnover made 15078,8 mln rubles (effective as of January-March 2020) and increased by 2,4% as compared to the last year.
- The consumer price index (CPI) for goods and services in January – March 2020 compared to January – March 2019 amounted to 101.3%, including: for food products - 99.5%, non-food products - 101.4 %, services - 105.8% (in the Russian Federation, respectively - 102.4%, 102.0%, 102.5%, 102.9%).
- Paid services were provided for RUB 9,385.8 million, which is 10.0% more in comparable prices than in the corresponding period of 2019. Paid services accounted for the largest share: household services - 32.6%, utilities - 15.7%, housing - 10.4%, other types - 6.8%; transport - 6.2%; educational systems - 6.1%; telecommunications - 5.6%; crops - 4.4%, medical - 4.2%, others - 8.0%.
- Catering enterprises sold products worth 1,407.0 million rubles, which is 18.1% more in comparable prices than in the same period in 2019.
Foreign economic activities
- According to the data of customs statistics, with due account of the data of mutual trade in January-March 2020, the foreign economic turnover of the city of Sevastopol made 2054,5 thousand US dollars.
- The export share in foreign trade turnover made 51,2% or 1052,8 thousand US dollars, that of import – 48,8% or 1001,7 thousand US dollars (as of January-March 2019).
- The export product portfolio was comprised of: cotton, felt or fiber felt and nonwoven fabric; special yarn, twine, ropes, cords and сables and the related materials – 27,1%; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and vinegar – 22,6%; boilers, equipment and mechanical devices, their parts – 12,8%; electric machines and equipment, their parts – 11,6%, ferrous metals and the related materials – 9.3% and others.
- The following prevailed in the import product portfolio: boilers, equipment and mechanical devices, their parts – 24,3%; living trees and other plants – 38,4%; wood and the related materials – 3,4%; paper and cardboard; materials of paper pulp – 7,0% and others.
- According to the Unified state register of tax payers, 10,7 thousand legal entities and 17,4 thousand individual entrepreneurs (as of April 2020) were registered with the Federal Tax Service Directorate of Russia across the city of Sevastopol.
- NCO “Microcredit company fund of micro-financing of small and medium-sized business entities in the city of Sevastopol” advanced 22 micro-loans for a total amount of 78,9 mln rubles.
- NCO “Guarantee fund for support of small and medium-sized business entities in the city of Sevastopol” executed 20 sureties for a total amount of 40,5 mln rubles.
- As of 01.04.2020, 437 incidents of receipt of public support (42 – financial aid, 395 – informational & consultancy aid) were registered with the register of small and medium-sized business entities of the city of Sevastopol.
- As of 01.04.2020 the infrastructure of economy’s banking sector is represented by 76 banking subdivisions, including 1 headquarters.
- As of 01.04.2020, borrowed funds of organizations, banking deposits (contributions) and other borrowed funds of legal and physical entities in rubles made 42199 mln rubles.
- In January-February 2020, the volume of loans advanced to legal entities-residents and individual entrepreneurs in rubles made 2272 mln rubles (growth by 22,6%).
Employment and wages, incomes, demographics
- According to the data of sample studies of workforce, the labor force at the age of 15 and elder made on average 215,0 thousand people over July-March 2020. The number of employed citizens – 206,2 thousand people. The number of unemployed citizens – 8,8 thousand people. The level of participation in labor force – 58,0%, employment rate – 55,6% and unemployment rate – 4,1%.
- The registered unemployment rate is 0.24% of the labor force (as of 01.04.2019 - 0.24%).
- The minimum subsistence level over I quarter 2020 as per capita made 10724 rubles, including: for working-age population – 11469 rubles; for pensioners – 8798 rubles; for children – 11458 rubles.
- In January-March 2020, according to preliminary data, the average monthly salary for a full range of organizations in terms of net types of economic activity amounted to 34,183 rubles (8.4% more than in the comparable period of 2019).
- According to the current data as of 01.01.2020, the number of resident population in Sevastopol made 449138 people. The increase in the number of population occurred due to the migration gain, while the natural loss made 1.26 thousand people. In January-March 2020, the population migration growth amounted to 1 426 people with a natural decrease in the amount of 512 people.