Economy of Sevastopol
The economy of the region consists of the following indicators:
- free economic zone
- consumer market, retail trade, restaurant economy;
- foreign economic activities;
- banking system;
- other social indicators.
- The industrial production decreased by 4,7% as compared to the similar period of 2020 (effective as of January-December 2020).
- As of January-December 2020, enterprises produced 661 units products for a total amount of 197,2 million rubles.
- In the manufacturing industry, production decreased by 6%.
- As of 01.01.2021, the number of enterprises in mining and manufacturing industries (excluding food, tobacco and beverages) amounted to 542 units.
- In order to create a competitive, stable, structurally balanced industry, effectively solving the problem of ensuring the economic development of the city of Sevastopol and increasing the country's defense capability, the regional project "Industrial exports in the federal city of Sevastopol", "Targeted support for increasing labor productivity at enterprises in the city of Sevastopol", state program of the city of Sevastopol "Development of the industry of the city of Sevastopol". In 2020, on the implementation of the objectives of the program provided 51,0 million rubles., Including 39,8 million rubles. - funds from the budget of the city of Sevastopol, 11,2 million rubles. - extrabudgetary funds.
- Production of agriculture at constant prices compared to the corresponding period of 2019 decreased by 13%. (as of January- December 2020). The volume of production amounted to 2737,9 million rubles.
- Leading 12 agro-industrial enterprises are engaged in the production of wine from grapes; growing of perennial crops, grapes, grain, industrial and other agricultural crops; wholesale trade in beverages; production of bread and flour confectionery, cakes and cakes of short storage, margarine products.
- For 2020, for the implementation of the state program of the city of Sevastopol "Development of the agricultural, fishery and agro-industrial complexes of Sevastopol" in terms of supporting agriculture, funds in the amount of 370,9 million rubles are provided (funds from the budget of the city of Sevastopol – 68,9 million rubles, from the federal budget – 302,0 million rubles), including for the implementation of the regional project "Creation of a support system for farmers and the development of rural cooperation (the city of federal significance Sevastopol)" - 6.5 million rubles (funds from the budget of the city of Sevastopol - 65 thousand rubles, the federal budget - 6.4 million rubles).
- As of 01.01.2021, the total of 364,1 million rubles was brought to the economic entities, including through subsidies from the federal budget – 300,9 million rubles, from the budget of the city of Sevastopol – 63,2 million rubles.
- Commissioned 3780 residential buildings, residential premises in non-residential buildings and residential buildings with a total area of 640,0 thousand sq. m, of which 265,4 thousand sq. m - built on land plots intended for gardening.
- The community built and commissioned 3741 houses with a total area of 470,2 thousand sq.m. 208 residential buildings with an area of 33,8 thousand sq.m were commissioned in the countryside.
Transport and communications
- The passenger traffic increased by 2,9 %, thus comprising 41085,2 thousand passengers-kilometers (effective as of January- December 2020).
- The automobile transport of large and medium-sized organizations carried 376,2 thousand tons of cargoes (4,4% higher than in January- December 2019) and performed 18344,7 thousand tons-kilometers of cargo traffic (by 32,3% higher).
- - The following services operate on the territory of the city of Sevastopol:
- 124 stations for control for photo-video fixation of administrative traffic rules’ violations;
- paid parking lots on the territory of Balaklava (79 car places) and within the central ring, Leninsky district (967 car places).
- Postal services. - As of January-December 2020, written correspondence, parcels and transfers sent and forwarded – 3403,0 thousand pieces (1.9% less than on 01.01.2020); written correspondence, parcels, money transfers, periodicals received and handed in – 5933,4 thousand pieces (less by 9,9%); 640,4 thousand pay-offs of public pensions and financial aid (more than 0,9%).
- Telecommunications. 92 telephone exchanges (stations and substations) of which 8 – in the rural area – operate in the city of Sevastopol. The length of the cable-conduit line makes 887,4 km. The functioning of fixed-line communications and provision of public telecommunications services is ensured through operation of more than 7,6 thousand km of cable communication lines.
- 4014 new connections of technical means and additional services were completed (by 41,5% less than in the same period in 2019), of which: 1685 - connection to the Internet; 637 - to replace wiring, sockets, numbers, rates; 693 - for IPTV service; 336 - phone installation.
- Mobile radio communications. 27530 subscribers (growth by 10,9% as compared to 01.01.2020) are provided with services of the city mobile operator under the trademark «SevMobile». In addition, 6440 subscriber devices (less by 7,6%) are registered in the network on a constant basis. 143 base stations and SMS-center operate.
- 26829,4 mln rubles of investments into fixed assets were mobilized in January-December 2020, which by 40,9% less than in the comparable period in 2019.
- Investments in fixed assets (excluding small businesses and the volume of investments not observed by direct statistical methods) amounted to 20739,2 million rubles, which is 40,6% less than in the same period of 2019.
- The basic financing source for investments were borrowed funds – 82,4%, own funds of economic entities made 17,6%.
- Investments were directed to buildings (except for residential) and structures, land improvement costs (48,5% of the total investment); machinery and equipment, including household inventory and other objects, vehicles (43,1%); others (3,5%); intellectual property items (1,1%).
Implementation of the Federal Target Program (FTP)
- In 2020 the Federal Target Program «Socio-economic development of the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol until the year 2025» across the territory of the city of Sevastopol is being implemented on 10 directions of socio-economic development of the region: energy sector, public utility, transportation sector, healthcare system, education, culture, sports, industrial sector, tourism, security, veterinary medicine and others.
- The amount of financing for 2020 will amount to 12,6 billion rubles, including: from the federal budget 11,9 billion rubles. In view of the subsidy funds not spent in 2019 and restored in 2020, the amount of financing in 2020 will amount to 14,3 billion rubles., Including the expense of the federal budget 13,5 billion rubles.
- Commissioned 10 capital construction objects.
Free economic zone (FEZ)
- As of 01.01.2021, 419 contracts on the terms & conditions of activities in FEZ were concluded. Of which 366 are small and medium-sized business entities and 30 are not small and medium-sized business entities.
- Over the entire period of operation of FEZ, as of 01.10.2020 the actual volume of capital investments of FEZ participants made 8,95 billion rubles, thus exceeding the planned volume by 4,14 million rubles. 11822 workplaces were created.
Consumer market and prices
- Retail trade turnover of Sevastopol in January-December 2020 amounted to 67564,3 mln rubles and decreased compared to last year by 5,0%.
- Provided paid services for 36775,7 million rubles, which in comparable prices by 10,3% less than in the corresponding period in 2019. Paid services accounted for the largest share: household services – 31,9%, utilities – 17,0%, housing – 10,2%, other types – 6,2%; transport – 6,2%; educational systems – 6,1 %; telecommunications – 6,9%; medical – 4,9%, hotel services and similar services to provide temporary housing – 3,1%.
- Catering enterprises sold products for 5588,5 million rubles, which is 11,3% less in comparable prices than in the same period in 2019.
- 20 fairs were held at 94 fairgrounds with the provision of 1572 fairgrounds, of which 12 fairs for the sale of agricultural products were held at 67 sites with 1466 places.
- The consumer price index (CPI) for goods and services in December 2020 against November 2020 amounted to 100,5%, including: for food products – 101,0%, non-food products – 100,1%, services – 100,0%. Compared to the comparable month of 2019, the CPI increased by 0.5 p.p.
- The cost of a fixed basket of consumer goods and services for inter-regional comparisons of purchasing power of the population in the middle of the city of Sevastopol at the end of December 2020 amounted to 16829,10 rubles per person and compared to the previous month increased by 0,8%, since the beginning of the year – decreased by 4,9%.
Foreign economic activities
- According to the data of customs statistics, with due account of the data of mutual trade in January- December 2020, the foreign economic turnover of the city of Sevastopol made 9803,7 thousand US dollars.
- In January- December 2020, the export share in foreign trade turnover made 48,5% or 4547,3 thousand US dollars, that of import – 51,5% or 5046,4 thousand US dollars.
- The export product portfolio was comprised of: alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and vinegar – 31,2%; electric machines and equipment, their parts – 14,8%; ferrous metals and the related materials – 13,5% and others; cotton, felt or fiber felt and nonwoven fabric; special yarn, twine, ropes, cords and сables and the related materials – 13,0%; boilers, equipment and mechanical devices, their parts – 8,0%.
- The following prevailed in the import product portfolio: boilers, equipment and mechanical devices, their parts – 33,6%; other living plants (including their roots), cuttings and cuttings; mushroom mycelium – 16,0%; vessels, boats, floating structures – 11,4%; furniture; articles of bedding, mattresses – 7,5% and others.
- As of 01.01.2021, according to the Unified State Register of Taxpayers, there were 10665 legal entities and 17250 individual entrepreneurs registered with the Federal Tax Service of Russia for the city of Sevastopol (on 01.01.2020 – 10 706 and 17 365 accordingly).
- NCO «Microcredit company fund of micro-financing of small and medium-sized business entities in the city of Sevastopol» advanced 228 micro-loans for a total amount of 501,87 mln rubles.
- NCO «Guarantee fund for support of small and medium-sized business entities in the city of Sevastopol» executed 122 sureties for a total amount of 396,35 mln rubles.
- As of 01.10.2021, 7745 incidents of receipt of public support (3440 – financial aid, 4305 – informational & consultancy aid) were registered with the register of small and medium-sized business entities of the city of Sevastopol.
- As of 01.01.2021 the infrastructure of economy’s banking sector is represented by 66 banking subdivisions, including 1 headquarters.
- Attracted funds of organizations, bank deposits (deposits) and other funds attracted from legal entities and individuals in rubles as of 01.01.2021 amounted to 52,5 billion rubles, including deposits (deposits) and other attracted funds from individuals - 37,5 billion rubles. (an increase of 23,2 %).
Employment and wages, incomes, demographics
- The number of labor force aged 15 years and over on average in October-December 2020 amounted to 222,2 thousand people. The number of employed citizens is 211,9 thousand people. The number of unemployed citizens is 10,3 thousand people. The level of participation in the labor force – 60,0%, the employment rate – 57,2%, the unemployment rate – 4,7%.
- The level of registered unemployment – 0,9 % of the labor force (as of 01.01.2020 – 0,2%).
- The value of the subsistence minimum for the IV quarter of 2020 per capita was 11396 rubles, including: for the able-bodied population – 12201 rubles; pensioners – 9360 rubles; children – 12103 rubles.
- In January-September 2020, according to preliminary data, the average monthly salary for the full range of organizations by net economic activity was 35527 rubles. (2,6% more than in the same period in 2019).
- The resident population of the city of Sevastopol as of 01.01.2021 amounted to 513,1 thousand people.